Yes, you and your family can still be active and enjoy the outdoors.
No one should have to limit their activities because of asthma.
Asthma is a condition caused by chronic (long-term, ongoing) inflammation of the airways or breathing passages of the lungs. Inflammation causes these passages to narrow and in turn produce the symptoms of asthma: coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath. This makes the airways, of the person with asthma highly sensitive to various “triggers”. The goal of asthma treatment is to reduce the symptoms and control the “triggers”.
By taking good control you will:
1) Prevent chronic and troublesome symptoms such as coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath
2) Reduce your need for quick-relief medications
3) Be able to maintain good lung function
4) Be able to maintain your normal activity levels and sleep through the night
5) Prevent asthma attacks that could result in emergency room visits or hospital admissions for treatment.
Our doctors and well-qualified staff are here to help you in gaining control and reaching this goal. 210-614-7594